Have you ever been invited to a friend’s house only to realize how amazing their decor is?
“How did they do that?” you think to yourself.
Trust us, we get it. Sometimes it feels like everyone knows the secret to a beautiful home except for you (ugh!).
The truth? Great style isn’t something people are born with. In fact, knowing even just a few decorating basics can totally transform your home in seconds.
Ready to be the house everyone envies? Read our 9 not-so-basic decorating tips below:
1. Create dimension. No straight lines here! Try this instead: build triangle clusters, with taller items in the back and smaller items up front.
2. Decorate in odds. Fun fact: items always look better when grouped together in threes, fives, and sevens. Trust us, the odds are always in your favor.
3. Add height. Varying heights create interest for the eye. Stuck with only small items? Incorporate books or boxes to give them a life.
4. Commit to a focal point. Let’s face it, holiday décor is ever-changing. Our advice? Anchor your mantel with a tried-and-true mirror or a clock that works for all seasons.
5. Keep it simple. When it comes to holiday décor, less is always more! No need to go over the top—small updates make a big difference.
6. Try a tray. Why we love a good tray? It’s a practical, stylish way to anchor your decorative items! Plus, it’s easy to remove if you need the extra surface space.
7. Overlap items. Don’t worry—overlapping your items won’t take away from their cuteness factor. In fact, it’ll make them stand out.
8. Embrace empty space. No need to space out your décor—keep items tight and close together. The empty space creates borders to frame your decorations.
9. Create symmetry (or not!). While our box sets are built with the asymmetrical in mind, we don’t discriminate! Our add-ons are perfect for balancing out your look.
See what we mean? While it may feel like magic walking into someone’s perfectly curated home, it really comes down to the basics! Have any tips we forgot to mention here? Leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you.
Tip To Try: Have your eye on an item that’s not included in your box? No problem! Our online Boutique lets your purchase individual items.
Share your Deckd decor with our hashtag #deckdhome so we can repost!