Planning a Halloween party, but don’t know where to start? Been there! That’s why I put together this fool-proof party planning checklist just for you! This think-ahead list will ensure you have the best soirée yet—one you can actually enjoy as much as your guests!
Cast your spell with this un-BOO-lievable Crow
Three Weeks Before:
- Make Your Invitation List
- Decide on a Theme
- Send Invitations: mail, e-mail, or by phone
- Plan the Menu: choose frozen meals you can plan in advance, place orders with bakeries/delis, & compile a shopping list
- Ask for Helping Hands: consider professional cleaning services, caterers, etc...
Two Weeks Before
- Clean the Dishes You’ll Be Using
- Create Your Perfect Playlist
- Do Your First Round of Grocery Shopping
One Week Before
- Clean Your House
- Set It All Up: arrange the furniture how you want it set up for the party
- Take Inventory of Cookware and Serving Dishes: if you don’t have enough, consider purchases inexpensive serving ware, or borrowing some from a friend
- Stock Up on Booze: three bottles of wine for every four people, three to four cocktails per guest
Three Days Before
- Chat with Your Neighbors
- Find a Place for Coats & Purses: make room in a closet and fill it with hangers, or choose a bed for coats
- Do Last-Minute Grocery Shopping
One Day Before:
- Set the Table
- Do as Much Cooking Ahead of Time: do as much prep (dicing, marinating, rinsing lettuce, etc.) as possible.
- Give Your Home a Once-Over
Day of the Party
- Finish Cooking: this should be minimal!
- Display Food
- Greet Your Guests!
As you can see, planning a Halloween party is no small feat. But have no fear! We promise it isn’t as scary as it sounds. As long as you follow this handy little checklist, you’ll be well on your way to one spook-tacular get-together.
Psst...need a little help with the decorations? Deckd has you covered! Check out our Traditional 7-Piece Box Set. So you can go ahead and cross decor off the list (you’re welcome!).